Monday, March 9, 2009

The way I see: a medieval balled

They all treat me like a numb skull, They say I'm not right, The Doctor was unable to heal me, and it , and makes me cry when I look in the mirror.
Mother does not love me nor does father. They say I'll have to live in a nunnery when I am older. The only one who is kind to me is my hired girl Mary. She says I'm beautiful. And I believe her. One day I fell ill and was unable to speak. The Doctor came and examined me. Then he told my mother and father I was on the breach of death. They looked more pleased than sorry.
During the night I slipped away with my beloved Mary by my bed. I tell the other angels this story of sadness and love.
I had an angel in my life always. It was Mary. I can not wait till I see her and run to her. Oh, how I will show her how I run. I never was able to run. I can imagine her laughing with glee!
I will always love her and she will always love me. . . . .


Fin
That is a ballad (a Medieval poem that rhymes. Sorry, mine didn't rhyme;) The Ballad is about a girl that was born with a trial. Back then society thought that if you were born with a trial Heavenly father was trying to punish you for something you had done in heaven or a previous life. "Mary" didn't believe that and she told the main girl in our story that she was special and was beautiful. I believe Love is one of the main Keystones to life.

1 comment:

debi said...

I actually see it differently. I think when you are given a challenge in life it is because otherwise earth life would just be too easy for you. I see challenges as a sort of badge of courage/honor and I would imagine when all is said and done we will embrace the very thing that made us suffer on earth because it helped make us stronger and more aware of others. You are right about love.....and we LOVE your Coleman self!!! Aunt debbers