Saturday, December 19, 2009

Six Days Till' Christmas

I was looking through my 'School Box" and found in my Second Grade Portfolio and Learning Log my old report on our feild trip to the farm.  This is the "real deal", not edited at all---

I've added a few brackets and notes, for the reader's understanding, though...

Here 'tis:



{ -   = I can't make it out  }

I went to the farm. it was wesinut that fun becuse I gor cold and me foot feel useep.  then I haded to go to the bus.     Befor that wen we were in a mettel thing it was hard tep,we say a lamd <(1.) get sheered.  it was so sad cuse he was naked and eveyone Laugh        He will get could       I think they should give him a banket         then I wen't a mike <(2.) place         now that was cool.  she told us abot the time wen she got bit By a mike.  did you noo that a mike has the aputite of a Jackel [?]
then we wen't to the appel place      we lunrd <(3.) abut appel         then I sow a mouse     I got scered cuse it was black and and I am scerd of mice cuse they are scar-    then we wen't t the cows and we got a a -------- and we lurnd abot cows.  and then wen't to the taking tumete.  She hade a green blanket on and A heda      it tald us obut hou to grow a tumato    I was so happy that I went to the Farm.   the End




1. Lamb
2. Mink
3. Learned

I've noticed a lot of my old books I wrote in school that I would never capitalize (spelling) the word "the" in "The End", but always capitalize the "E" in "End".


Random Photo--Dad took it when he went pheasent huntin'

No comments: