Sunday, July 12, 2009

"That won't happen to me. Will it???? Can it???? Maybe.... No.... Yes.... It did!!!! Crud!!!!: A Memoir


Preface


I never thought that this would happen to me....

There was just no way....

It was imposable....

How could it?






Chapter One:

I was asked


A couple months ago I was at church. My sunday school teacher gave me one of those slips of paper that have a little piece of tape on the end so you can loop it around your wrist so you can remeber. It said I had a talk on the following Sunday.

After church I typed it up on the computer and printed it.

It was all ready for church this next week....


* * *


Sunday had come and I was ready.

We went to church.

After Sacrament meeting I, of coarse went to my meeting. After we started, one of my leaders asked if I had my talk ready. I went through a thousand deaths. I had forgotten it! She was very understanding and told everyone that we only had a prayer, with only saying, SO AND SO WILL GIVE THE PRAYER TODAY.


Next week came and I went to my meeting. And guess what? I forgot my talk again! I just gave it by memory.



Fin


Author's Note


What is so Ironic about that story is that

I always thought how embarrassing it would

be for someone to forget their talk, and

what are the odds it happened to me!

This is a true story.

4 comments:

COLEMAN said...

It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!

Sarah Anne said...

I haven't done that before. Yet.

Danny and Shalayne said...

That is amazing that you were able to give it by memory!!! No worries about forgetting your talk...I forget stuff all the time :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say...it wasn't perfect. I kept studdering. It always happenes when I get nervous....
It at least is a great memory to remember....
~Coleman :)