
Today I was watching PBS's classic Sesame Street. Yes, I know what you are thinking: aren't I a little old for that? My answer is a firm NO.You don't have to be a certain age to stop liking something. What burns me up is when people sing stupid, brainles songs about "Barney" and "Elmo" dying in violent ways. The same is sadly for the ingenious Winnie-The-Pooh. They joudge things out of what Disney did to them. The Winnie-The-Pooh Story fascinates me. They were originally published in England. A.A. Milne(The author)told his son Christopher Robin stories of a bear who lived under the name of Sanderz(exact spelling:)in the hundred acre woods. Milne started writing down the stories and they eventually, got published!!!! I give a hearty Thank-You to Mr. Milne for writing down the stories of Pooh, Piglet, Owl, Rabbit,The Donkey*, Kanga, and Roo.
Thank-You Mr. Milne
I have two more concerns on my mind: First to all those immature kids who make up so called "Funny" songs/jokes about Elmo, Barney, And our beloved Pooh Bear, I say, Shut the hole in you face!It offends all Of the three's fans!
Second of all I can't say I completely agree with what Disney did with the Winnie-The-Pooh characters. I'm not saying what they did was ugly, I just think that the original illustrations were cuter.
I'd recommend The Winnie-The-Pooh books to anyone.
*I Have not forgot the purple/blue donkeys name. Its the easiest to remember. Sadly I forgot how to spell it
3 comments:
I love the picture of the dogs and I also love that you are not ashamed to admit that you like something and can appreciate the artistic gift that Milne had. I agree that Disney's Winnie is a little too commercialized . . . I love you!
Elmo rules. He has some seriously great moves. :)
I love Elmo's World!
Post a Comment