Rick Riordan, used some other ideas from other books as well. At the beginning of his book, Lightning Thief, he states that "You should close this book right now." This is the trademark of Lemony Snicket, author of the record of Baudelaire orphans entitled A Series of Unfortunate Events (thirteen volumes in the set). Snicket claims that you must close the book and "run as far away as you can from it" and that you "should put it back on the ground where you found it." Others, such as Psuedonymous Bosch, author of The Secret Series, have used such warnings in the beginnings of their books.
DEAR A~
Could you answer some of my questions about Percy Jackson? Your argument brought discussed parts I didn't realize. Thank you! I wrote a book review (or rather, "video review") on my other blog. GO HERE:
http://booksareat.blogspot.com/2010/02/warning-this-may-give-away-novel-p.html
Could you tell me tell me some stuff about the sword etc.?
THANKS!
3 comments:
Hmm. Maybe he did copy in that part. But if more than one book used it, it wasn't original to start with was it.
Hey! Great video! I have now watched it. I didn't have time before. Ya, I wasn't sure about that second name for the sword either. My first thought was maybe it was the ancient greek name for the sword. But that didn't make much sense. Sorry, I can not give you any good info on that because I tend to skip the boring parts of books.
P.S. You should check out Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson. I thought it was pretty good, but I want to know what you think.
Thanks!
Post a Comment