Thursday, November 5, 2009
a little off season...
Just now I thought of a couple of my Decembers long ago.
I was very young:
My grandparents used to have an enourmous Christmas tree. It was decorated with matching ornemental tin balls that were silver and purple. Every year Grandpa Reeves would spray the "fake snow" on its branches of real looking dark green plastic pine needles. These pine needles were not little straps of papery plastic they had dimension and good color.
This beautiful tree was a treat for all of the grandchildren. I'm sure many of us would await this magical tree's visit.
Like many trees this one was in the corner. As I said it was a very, very, very large tree and it was in a room of the entry hall that's celing was maybe fiften to twenty feet high. The magnificent tree was about fifteen feet tall.
Because it was so large, and there were so many different parts of the tree like a fraction that it had to be stacked onto each other that it made a comfertable sitting space behind it for the children (though we were told not to go back there).
I remember going back there with my cousin Zach and doing something on his "new laptop" that is dad had given him. We probably played something like pinball or another included activity.
But now that tree is gone. When our grandparents moved to another house they hadn't room for a fifteen foot tree-but that is understandable, if we had it, then our whole living room would be a coil of green.
That is my memoir of the tree for the blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I have lots of memories with that same tree! I used to climb underneath it and hide or count all of my presents beneath it. Inside the tree, I could take a peek of what I had under all of that wrapping paper. I'm glad you remember this tree. One comment, though, Grandpa didn't flock it. It came flocked. One year, though, Grandma bought a real tree and dragged it in and THEN flocked it in the house. Grandpa was not very happy and the next year they bought the huge one you remember! I love you, Mom
Post a Comment