

Did you hear the rain last night?
It was amazing. I was sleeping dreamily and was awoken by an enormous thunder clap: BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I awoke startled and disoriented. I was almost scared of the thunder!
I just have to say, I love the rain.
Oh ya, Now that I look at my old essay, I think it kind of S-T-U-N-K.
I re-wrote it and got a great paper:
Coleman Packer
October 13, 2009
Self-Descriptive Essay
MYSELF
You could look at my personality and see me as a book. When someone reads a book, they get to know all about the characters in its pages. I like to let people know who I am. As in fine print, you can see me.
My brother and I are fanatics about the blue-disk swing that resides in our backyard. Our adventures on it are countless, let alone amazing and terrifying. I throw the swing up in the air (it is my job) so it wraps around the pole that it is tied to on the jungle-gym. The rope is lassoed around the pole two times for height. Then I take the swing with me up to the small landing of the “Little Tykes” portable slide. It usually sits by the flower bed so we can easily access it when the process begins. I get on the disk and my brother joins me on my lap the way you would to the “Spider.”
And then the terror-fun begins. I step off the little slide that is no taller than my waist and we are flying through the air. Wind whip-lashes our faces and we scream. My unnaturally high-pitched scream rings like a silver bell in the backyard. I scream so loud that Dad has to remind us that we have neighbors. That is one of the many reasons why I am like a book. I am not afraid to be myself. If you happened to be a neighbor strolling down the street, and you listened closely, you would hear opera coming from my house. Me.
Another reason that I am similar to a book is that I am proud of my favorite foods that may not be liked by a lot of people. I could list many: parsley, quinoa, sugared rose petals from France, and salad. I am proud of it and all of my other interests.
I am like a book and a window because you can see inside me.
2 comments:
love love love it....what a great essay.....i wanted to be on the swing with you guys....
I like that, Coleman. :)
Post a Comment