Monday, August 17, 2009

Love For Nie

On Saturday there was a hike up the "Y" Mountain in Provo for the loved and incredible blogger NieNie*.
NieNie let the world know of the wonders of Motherhood and so much more. She is an example for all of us, not only with what she writes, but of what she went through last August the 16th.
She and her husband "Mr. Nielson"-as she calls him-were in a small plane that was flying to a ranch and it crashed. Both her and her husband were burnt. She was in acoma for four months of the year.

Four months out of the year she was unconscious, but now she is able to walk. It really is a miracle. She can even hike the "Y"
I have only told the outline-and maybe missed some-of this truly tear-bringing story. I know the hand of the lord was in this.

Shall I tell you of my experience meeting her?
Here's the whole thing:

Well...the singer Mindy Gledhill did a benefit concert for her. Me and my mom are really big fans of her and ended up meeting Mindy at the Parade Of Homes. Well...when we were going up the rode to get to the trail of the "Y", Mindy's car pulled up. I told my mom that we probably shouldn't talk to her because we were probably really annoying last time. Soon enough though when Mindy got out of her car she said: "Hey, you guys are from the home show."
"Yeah," we said.
Hahahahahahahahaha:)
{That was more of a preface really, I just though I'd add that. Any way...to the real story.}
Me and mom saw NieNie a lot as we went up the trail. It amazed me that a burnt victim was able to go up the mountain when someone who isn't is gasping for air. When we got up to the "Y" (oh yes, please let me add that NieNie didn't take rests. She only stopped to talk to people and look at the view which are not really rests) we sat and watched as the sun set.
When we were able to talk with NieNie we climbed up to where she was sitting, not far from where we were sitting on the trail.
Mom started crying and telling her how much she appreciated her. I told her it was so wonderful to meet her and shook her bandaged hand. It was on of the most important moments of my life.
To get to NieNie just go to www.nieniedialogues.com
*StephaNIE NIElson

No comments: